Eligibility for Study in China

Eligibility for Study in China

Mar,09 2013

China welcomes students from all over the world. And to meet the different demands of international students, Chinese universities offer various courses. However, some of them have strict requirements on the age ,educational background and some other aspects of the applicant for admission. You may come across the following situations, and then decide whether you can study in China and what kind of courses are suitable for you.

I am from Iran, and our government only allows us to study in a list of Chinese universities, so can I study in some other universities in China?

If you are a Non-degree student, you can. If you are a degree student, you’d better not.

  • First of all, here is The List of Chinese Universities Recognized by Iran Government. The list might be updated by your government every year, and it is true that the number of the Chinese universities on the list is increasing.
  • The government of China respects the guidance from all the government in the world on where to study in China, and it will be more practical and convenient for you to study in the listed university which is recommended by your government.
  • However, please notice that the list is specifically made for the students who want to apply for a degree program in China. If you are coming for a short term Chinese language and culture or any other non degree program, and then you can either choose listed or non listed universities in China.
  • As everyone knows, there are more than 3000 universities in China, and among them, around 700 universities have the legal right to accept foreign students in China.

If you are an international student facing the above confusion, please contact service@sicas.cn to decide which university to study in china.

What should I do if I want to send my son (daughter) to study in China, but he (she) is under the age of 18, and doesn’t have any high school diploma?

To study Chinese language and culture course, the applicants can be enrolled, if they don’t have any education background, by both the public universities in China or some special language training schools in China, especially in some modern cities such as Beijing , Shanghai, Qingdao, Dalian. And these schools usually do not set restrictions on age or require a certain educational background. However, most of the time, if the applicants are under 18 years old, they are required for a letter of consent from the guardian.

SICAS are very professional and reliable on the arrangement of tour study in China for groups of students under the age of 18 welcome partners all over the world to contact us for tailored programs: service@sicas.cn.